Keep calm and move on
During this week, I was in a discussion on the topic of keeping calm under heated discussions. I was pleasantly reminded of how I was calm and composed during a heated meeting this week.
That brings the topic of this week’s newsletter of keeping calm and move on.
What are the 5 key tricks of keeping yourself under check -
- Focus on the end goal — It’s easy to get lost on low picks and lose focus on the bigger picture. Think of the end goal, the outcome you’re looking for.
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook — Let the other side finish off their part. Listen first. It’s your “jab, jab, jab” mode. When they’re done, then you bring your viewpoint (your right jab)
- Be positive — If you remain positive during the discussion, the other party will calm down as he has already finished his anger (refer to point 2).
- Count 1:10 — Yes, counting 1 to 10 is a well-known trick, but I cannot follow the same. It’s too much t count, and I feel I will lose out on critical points to listen to if I focus on counting.
- Be professional — Whatever the situation, it’s your choice to upset or remain professional. It’s your choice — choose well.
I hope the above points will help you in your day to day life.
Live your Ikigai. Have a great week ahead.
When you open the mail in the morning, and you only have time to glance through critical messages, how do you do that?
I always colour code🟥 the emails coming based on sender, and more importantly, the mails coming from the managers/critical stakeholders.
How do you do that? Follow here
For a Team’s session, instead of: “Hi”,”Do you have 5mins?” Try this: “Hi, I am looking for XXX”
Anger Is Your Ally: A Mindful Approach to Anger
💌 Subscribe to my newsletter — https://www.getrevue.co/profile/akashb
✍️ Medium — https://medium.com/@akash-b
🤝 Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/akash.bhattacharya/
👨💼 Linkedin — https://www.linkedin.com/in/akashbhattacharya/
📸 Flickr — https://www.flickr.com/photos/akashb/
🤳 Instagram — https://www.instagram.com/akash_iem/
🦜 Twitter — https://twitter.com/akash_iem